Elko County Art Club Student Scholarship
This scholarship is granted to a student graduating from an Elko County High School and planning to continue their education in a field of art.
The scholarship is in the amount of $1,000.00, which can be used toward tuition, books and supplies.
Instructions and Information
Applicants are required to:
- Submit an application.
- Provide a written recommendation from a teacher.
- Supply three (3) pieces of artwork, framed and/or completed with hanging clips/cord/wire or display stand, to the Art Club Scholarship Committee.
- The work or matted hardcopy photos (including printouts of photographed or scanned work) may be shipped or mailed. If doing so, please insure your work.
- Sign releases to permit display of the artwork at the Elko County Art Club Gallery through May 14, 2022.
- Submittals can be until 3:00 PM on April 15, 2022.
- The ECAC Gallery is at 407 Railroad Street, Elko.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM; call 738-8170 to confirm a host is there.
- CDC protocols allowing, a reception for the scholarship applicants will be held from 3:00-4:30 PM on Saturday, May 14.
- Winners will be announced at that time. Parents and friends are encouraged to attend – a raffle will be held. Light refreshments will be served.
- The works can be retrieved by the artist following the reception.
The scholarship recipient is required to:
- Provide the selected school with contact information for the Elko County Art Club.
- Enroll in at least one (1) art class at the selected school.
- Ask the school to contact the Elko County Art Club as described below.
The selected school is requested to:
- Write to the Treasurer, Elko County Art Club for release of scholarship funds.
- This letter is to include a copy of the student’s schedule verifying art class enrollment.
- A check then will be sent to the school on behalf of the student, to be used for tuition, books and supplies.
- The contact email address is: email@example.com.
- The website is: www.elkocountyarts.org.
- Also https://www.facebook.com/ElkoCountyArtClub.